The Camp booking terms and conditions
Scroll to explore
The Camp at The Wave Terms and Conditions
Last updated: February 2023
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the booking of overnight stays at The Camp at The Wave (“The Camp”).
- Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as these form the basis of your contract with Surf Bristol Limited (“The Wave”, “we”, “our”, “us”) and contain important information about your stay with us.
- The person who makes the booking (“You”, “Your”) will be responsible for ensuring that all other members of their party, including children, are aware of and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- No variation to these Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless agreed by us in writing.
- The Wave reserves the right to make changes to the operation of The Camp at any time to comply with any safety regulations or statutory requirements without any liability on the part of The Wave.
2. Your Booking
- Making a booking: To make a booking at The Camp, log onto stay.thewave.com or contact our Customer Services Team on 0333 016 4133. You can only make a booking at The Camp if you are 18 years or older.
- Confirmation of booking: Once you have placed a booking with us, we will send confirmation of your booking to the email address you have provided. Our acceptance of your booking will take place when we send out the confirmation email, at which point a contract will come into place between you and us.
- Booking details: Please carefully check the details in the confirmation email and contact the Customer Services Team if any of the details are incorrect. Any error or omission in any booking confirmation shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of The Wave.
- Number of Guests: We offer a variety of tents with different occupancies. The maximum occupancy for each type of tent is provided on our website. You must tell us the name and age of each guest in your party at the time of booking. Each tent will be equipped for number of guests included in the booking unless confirmed otherwise with the Customer Services Team.
3. Price and Payment
- Our prices: The prices stated on our website are valid at the time of booking. We reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices from time to time, so please refer to the website for the most up to date price list. The agreed price for your stay will be quoted online or over the phone when you make a reservation and confirmed to you via the confirmation email.
- Payment: Full payment for your stay is due at the time of booking. We accept payment by all major credit and debit cards. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept The Wave Gift Vouchers as payment for bookings at The Camp.
- Cots and Highchairs: Cots and highchairs are available on request, subject to availability. If you require a cot and/or highchair, please let us know at the time of booking or contact the Customer Services Team in advance of your stay to submit your request. We advise you to submit your request as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Cot linen will be available to hire on site for a small charge, or you can bring your own. For more information, please contact the Customer Services Team.
- Group Bookings. Organised or corporate groups should contact the Customer Services Team in advance to discuss their booking. Group Bookings may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which shall be agreed in writing.
- Extras: We may offer certain extras or “add-ons” when you make your booking. The price quoted for your stay at The Camp excludes any extras unless we expressly agree with you Any extras included in your stay will be confirmed in your confirmation email.
- The price of your stay includes:
– Use of your tent(s) for the period of your stay.
– Access to The Wave site (the “Site”), including the gardens and grounds, cafe-bar and food pop-ups for the duration of your stay.
– Duvets, pillows, bed linen and a tea towel.
– Basic cooking
– A starter pack of wood for the Wood Burning Additional wood will be available to purchase on site.
- The price does not include:
– Activities at The Wave, including but not limited to, surf lessons or surf sessions. Additional charges and different booking terms and conditions apply to these activities
– Cot linen
Your Booking: You are strictly prohibited from swapping, re-selling or transferring your booking to a third party without our prior written Any breach of this condition will make the associated booking void and we may refuse to take any further booking from you in the future.
4. Cancellations and Refunds
- If you need to change or cancel your booking: If you need to change or cancel your booking for any reason, please contact the Customer Services Team. Your cancellation rights vary depending on how much notice you give us of your cancellation or requested change.
|Number of days/weeks before arrival date||Cancellation Rights|
|7 days or less||If The Camp is operational, you will not be entitled to move your booking, receive any refund or credit for any cancellation.|
|More than 7 days but less than 10 weeks||You may cancel your booking and either:|
|(i) receive credit on your account for the full value of your booking to be used on a future booking with The Camp; or
(ii) move your booking to an alternative date.
|10 weeks or more||You are entitled to a full refund or may move your booking to an alternative date.|
- All credit issued to your account is valid for 12 months from the date it is Credit on your account cannot be used after this period unless agreed with The Wave in writing. We will not refund any balance remaining on your account at the expiry date.
- All requests to move bookings are subject to availability. A change of date or length of stay may result in a change in price. If the change results in a lower price:
i. If the change is requested less than 10 weeks in advance of your arrival date, you will be issued with credit equal to the difference in price.
ii. If the change is requested 10 weeks or more in advance of your arrival date, you will receive a refund equal to the difference in price.
If the change results in a higher price, you must pay the difference at the time the change is made.
- If we cannot accommodate your change request: If we are not able to accommodate your requested change it will be treated as a cancellation.
- Separate policies apply to the cancellation of activities at The Wave.
- Details of which are provided in the booking terms and conditions for those activities.
- If we need to change or cancel your booking:
i. We reserve the right to cancel or change your booking due to (i) safety considerations or (ii) factors beyond our control. If we need to cancel your booking we shall use reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as possible. If your booking is cancelled by us, we hope that you will support The Wave by accepting credit on your account or rescheduling your booking, but please contact the Customer Services Team if you wish to discuss a refund instead.
ii. In the event of adverse weather, your booking at The Camp will only be refunded if we notify you that The Camp is closed. You will not be entitled to a refund for your booking at The Camp if an activity at The Wave (including a surf session or lesson) is cancelled for any reason, including adverse weather conditions, if The Camp remains open.
iii. Payments made to debit or credit cards will be refunded to the same card used in the booking.
We are an inclusive destination and take pride in making The Camp and the Site accessible to as many people as possible. If you think that any member of your party may have additional requirements, please contact the Customer Services Team in advance of making your booking so that we can discuss availability, suitability and any potential reasonable adjustments we can make.
6. Children and Young People
- Where the majority of a party are under the age of 18, there must be sufficient capable and responsible adults of 18 years or above to supervise, with a minimum of one adult per tent. The supervising adults accept responsibility for all children and young people in their care and must always remain either at The Camp or on Site whilst the children or young people are at The Camp or on Site. The name and contact details of the supervising adults must be given to the gatehouse during check in. The supervising adult shall ensure that each guest under the age of 18 is aware of and complies with these Terms and Conditions.
- All guests under the age of 18 always remain the responsibility of their parents or supervising adult whilst on Site or at The Camp. It is important that parents and supervising adults always know the whereabouts of the children in their care. All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or above in all licensed areas, when close to the lake (including on the pier) and when using any facilities. Parties who are not supervising their children responsibly may be required to leave The Camp and the Site without refund or compensation.
7. Check in and Check out
- Check in: You may check in at the gatehouse at any time during our opening hours on the day of your arrival (please check thewave.com for up-to-date opening hours). Your tent will be available from 4:00pm. If you wish to access your tent earlier, please contact the Customer Services Team to discuss early check-in options. Early access to the tents is subject to availability. You must check in at the gatehouse by 8:00pm at the latest. Please contact the Customer Services Team at least 24 hours in advance of your arrival if you will be arriving after 8:00pm to discuss alternative arrangements for your check in.
- Luggage: Once you have checked in at the gatehouse you may drive your vehicle down to The Camp and may park in one of the designated loading/unloading bays to drop off your luggage. You are required to return your car to the car park immediately after . On the day of your departure, please inform the staff at the gatehouse before driving your vehicle to The Camp to collect your luggage. Please note that only five guest vehicles are permitted at The Camp at any time so you may be required to wait until a space becomes available when loading/unloading. Please see section 8 for more information relating to the use of vehicles and parking.
- Check out: You must check out at the gatehouse by 10:00am on your scheduled date of If you wish to check out later, please contact the Customer Services Team. Late check out is subject to availability. If you fail to check out by 10:00am on the date of your departure, you may be charged the applicable rate for an additional night’s stay.
8. Parking and Use of Vehicles
- Parking and use of vehicles. Free parking is available in the designated car park by the gatehouse. Vehicles parked in the car park are left at the owners’ own risk. The Wave will not be responsible for any damage howsoever caused to any vehicle using the car We cannot guarantee the security of vehicles in the car park or any contents in the vehicle. Under no circumstances should any vehicle be left at The Wave prior to or after your stay at The Camp.
- Use of Vehicles on All vehicles must be parked in the designated car park. Guest’s vehicles are only permitted on site to load/unload luggage on arrival and departure. All vehicles must be returned to the car park immediately after loading/unloading. Please note that a maximum of five guest vehicles are permitted on site at one time, so you may be required to wait until a space becomes available to load/unload. Guests must always inform staff at the gatehouse before driving down to site in any circumstances.
- Driving on the access road. Please be aware that the access road is used by adults and children on foot, skateboards, and At all times, please give way to pedestrians, keep to the left but not within the marked walkway. There is a strict 10mph speed limit which must be observed. Please use the passing places if you encounter any other vehicles. Please use great care when driving. Boulders are in place to prevent damage to roadsides and unauthorised parking. We accept no liability for any damage caused by these markers, excluding damage caused by our negligence.
- Emergency Vehicle Access: Vehicle access is required for emergency services, delivery vans and maintenance The Wave accepts no liability for any damage caused to a guest’s vehicle if is not parked in the designed loading/unloading car parking bays, or the designated car park, and it causes an obstruction to these vehicles.
- Accessible parking is available by the clubhouse. Only vehicles displaying a Wave Accessible Parking Permit may be parked in the Accessible Parking Bays. Wave Accessible Parking Permits can be collected from, and must be returned to, the gatehouse.
9. Your Visit to The Wave
- Your Tent: You must treat your tent and its contents with care and leave it in a clean and tidy condition on your date of We reserve the right to charge you for any extra cleaning required.
- Maximum Occupancy. The maximum occupancy for each tent is specified on our website. Each tent must have at least one person aged 18 year or above for the duration of your The maximum number of guests must not be exceeded. If it is, we may move those persons to another tent (if available) and charge you the full rate for that tent or require the entire party to leave The Camp and the Site without refund or compensation.
- Alcohol may be purchased from the cafe-bar during licensed opening hours. The sensible consumption of alcohol is permitted at The Camp, but please remember that we are inclusive, family-friendly venue. The excessive consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes and vaping) is not permitted in any of the tents at The Camp. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas of the Site. Please ask a member of staff if you are unsure.
- Dangerous Items. No weapons, fireworks (including sparklers), naked flames (including candles, flares or lanterns) or illegal substances may be brought into The Camp under any circumstances by you or any member of your party. Glass is not permitted in The Camp or on Site, except for wine bottles, which must be stored and disposed of responsibly.
- Security of your property: Safes are available in all tents, however as The Camp is a campsite, we strongly recommend that you do not bring valuable items to The Camp. All items, belongings, luggage and other property owned by you and brought to The Camp or the Site shall be done so at your own risk, and we accept no liability for the loss or damage to such property, For further details on our liability please refer to paragraph 12.
- Pre-Authorisation: All credit or debit cards are pre-authorised when you check in to cover any damage you or any member of your party causes to The Camp or the Site. The pre-authorised amount depends on the length of your stay and the size of the booking. For further details please contact the Customer Services Team.
- Damage: You must take all reasonable precautions to avoid damage to any of our property at The Camp or on Site, including, but not limited to, the tents and furniture. Please bring any damage to our immediate attention. You will be responsible for any damage you or any member of your party cause to The Camp or the Site, due to negligence, carelessness or wilful conduct. By booking you agree that we have the right either during or after your stay to recover from you, whether via your pre-authorised credit or debit card or otherwise, the costs of any damage caused by you or any member of your party to our property, any compensation we may pay to others, and/or any other costs or fees we incur as a result of your (or any member of your party’s) breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Theft. If you, or any member of your party, is found to have wilfully removed any of The Wave property from The Camp or the Site, you will be charged for the item(s), you will all be required to leave The Camp and the Site immediately without refund or compensation and we reserve the right to refuse any future bookings from you or any member of your party.
- Cooking equipment: We provide cooking equipment in each tent and there is a communal microwave available. You are not permitted to use any cooking equipment not provided by The Wave, including but not limited to kettles, BBQs (disposable and non-disposable) and stoves, in the tents, on the decking or anywhere else in The Camp or on the Site.
- Wood Burning Stove: Each tent is equipped with a wood burning stove for heating purposes. A starter pack of logs will be provided on arrival and additional logs are available to purchase on You are only permitted to use logs provided or purchased from The Wave in the wood burning stoves. The Wood burning stove shall not be used for cooking under any circumstances.
- Assistance: A 24-hour contact number will be provided if you require assistance during your stay.
- First Aid: We have first aid facilities at The Camp and on Please ask a member of staff if you require any first aid.
- Food and drink will be available to purchase on Site. If you have any food allergies or intolerances, you must inform us at the time of order.
- Pets are not permitted at The Camp or on the Site, other than guide dogs and assistance dogs. We reserve the right to require any guest who brings their pet into The Camp or the Site to leave immediately without compensation or refund. No pet should be left in a car at The Wave if the animal’s health or welfare is put at risk. We reserve the right to inform the relevant authorities if we suspect that any animal is put in danger.
- Noise: Please be aware that noise really travels in The Camp and the tents are not soundproof. Please keep noise at a level which will not disturb other guests at The Camp, especially between 10:00pm and 7:00am. No amplified music is permitted at The Camp. We are a family-friendly campsite and will not tolerate excess noise or partying. If you are unable to keep noise to an acceptable level and/or cause a disturbance to other campers, we reserve the right to require you to leave The Camp and the Site, without refund or compensation.
- The Lake: You are only permitted to use to the lake if you have a valid booking for an activity in the lake. Such use of the lake is subject to our standard Terms and Conditions of Booking. You are strictly prohibited from entering the lake without a valid booking. Any guest who enters the lake without a valid booking, whether it is when the lake is open to the public or closed (e.g. during the night). will be required to leave The Camp and the Site immediately without refund or compensation. You are responsible for all your belongings and other property at all times whilst in The Camp or on the Site. We cannot guarantee that we can recover any item that is lost or dropped in the lake whilst participating in a surf session or spectating. We shall have no obligation to drain the lake or stop any surf session in progress to recover the lost item and we shall have no liability for any such lost item.
- Acceptable conduct. As an inclusive destination, we want to create a safe, family-friendly environment. You must note and comply with all safety warnings or instructions displayed or given by a member of staff whilst in The Camp or on Site. Please ask a member of staff if you are unclear about any instruction. We reserve the right to require you to leave the Camp and the Site, without refund or compensation, in the following circumstances:
i. Failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions.
ii. Excessive noise or disruptive behaviour in The Camp or the Site.
iii. If your actions or behaviour put other participants in danger, harm the environment or otherwise causes a potential risk to health and safety.
iv. If we consider you to be aggressive, violent or verbally or physically abusive to The Wave staff, other guests or customers.
v. If we believe that you are under the influence of excessive alcohol or any drugs.
If any of the points above apply to you or any member of your party, we reserve the right to refuse any future bookings from you or any member of your party.
10. Activities at The Wave
- A range of activities are available at The Wave, including surf sessions and lessons. These must be booked separately either in advance or following your arrival at The Camp.
- Please note that making a booking at The Camp does not guarantee the availability of activities at The We recommend that where possible, you pre-book any activities to avoid disappointment.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of any activity at The Wave. If an activity is not available, or is cancelled by us for any reason, you will not be entitled to a refund or compensation in relation to your booking at The
- Photography and filming by you. You are permitted, as a non-professional photographer, using basic non-professional equipment such as a camera phone or camera without a telephoto lens, to take photographs and/or video recordings in public areas of The Camp for personal use Such personal use includes posting to your personal, non-professional, non monetised social media accounts on Facebook and lnstagram. Making any such photos/videos publicly available/viewable in any other way is prohibited without prior written approval from The Wave (see “Commercial Photography” below). You acknowledge that The Wave may request access to photographs taken by you at the venue and ask that certain photographs are deleted if they are deemed to invade the privacy of other guests and/or staff, or include images of areas that are prohibited to the general public. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to your photography equipment whilst at The Wave. You are not permitted to fly any drone aircraft within the grounds of The Wave. Under no circumstances will any photography or video be allowed in the changing facilities, toilets and shower areas.
- Commercial You are prohibited from publishing, otherwise making available, or using any photos or video footage (whether taken/produced by you or purchased by you) for any commercial purpose without prior consent of The Wave. Commercial purposes include posting to any non-personal social media account or otherwise posting to any social media account or other platform (online or otherwise) where any profit is generated or there is any brand association. If you wish to make such use of any photo or video taken at The Wave, please contact the Customer Services Team describing the use you wish to make of any such image or video footage. Licenses / approvals for such use will be subject to an appropriate license fee and will be granted strictly at the discretion of The Wave.
- Photography and filming by We may take photographs, live stream footage or recordings of The Wave, where you may be captured. You agree to the publication of such photographs, videos, recordings, and/or likenesses of you (whether edited, adapted, modified or copied) and their use by us and those authorised by us, without prior notice or compensation, in any way which we may see fit including but not limited to film, broadcast, radio, TV, social media and any other media platforms, publications, future events and publicity. You acknowledge that we have the full right to sell and/or profit from the commercial use of such photographs, motion pictures, recordings, and/or likenesses of you. Copyright in these materials belongs to The Wave.
- Promotional If you do not wish to be featured in images, live stream footage or recordings made by The Wave for promotional purposes, please contact the Customer Services Team in advance of your booking to discuss your participation.
12. Liability and other Important Information
- We do not exclude or limit liability where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our staff, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Loss or We accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or injury resulting from your stay at The Camp, except where caused by the negligence of The Wave or our staff, agents or subcontractors.
- Loss or damage to your We accept no responsibility or liability for the loss of, theft or damage to any property or equipment (including, but not limited to, luggage, surfboards, bodyboards or Go-Pro cameras) owned by or under the control of you which you bring to The Camp. You are solely and personally responsible for the safety of your belongings.
- Indirect or consequential loss. We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage. This includes, but is not limited to, consequential losses such as travelling or out-of-pocket expenses incurred due to a booking cancelled by you, or us.
- Insurance. If you are traveling from abroad, we recommend that you have in place valid travel insurance to cover cancellation before the date of departure.
- Public liability The Wave maintains public liability insurance for public safety within the venue. This does not cover responsibility for any loss or damage to your personal belongings.
14. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to make amendments to these Terms and Conditions from time to time at our sole discretion. A copy of the latest version of our Terms and Conditions (as amended, if appropriate) will always be available on our website. We shall notify you of such changes by email if they materially affect your rights as a consumer.
- Governing law. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force.
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court orrelevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, save for those persons that you make a booking on behalf